Paintball in Afghanistan – level 2
People fight in Afghanistan a lot recently. People there are tired of conflict and violence in their country. One man opened a paintball club to help people ease their pain.
The aim of the game is to take the flag of the other team. You, of course, use the paintball guns, but there is no killing or suffering. It is a friendly game, and it brings people together and helps them.
Paintball centres have sprung up in Kabul recently, and they are getting popular among the teenagers.
Difficult words: ease (make less), aim (goal), spring up (appear/be opened).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think the paintball will help the people?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.