Panda holds a keeper’s leg – level 1
Here is news from a centre in China. This centre studies and helps pandas.
A keeper is leaving an enclosure. There are two pandas inside it. The keeper is closing the gate when one panda holds his leg. The panda is small and beautiful. A camera films the moment.
There are around 1,600 pandas in the wild. Around 370 pandas live at zoos and other centres.
Difficult words: keeper (somebody who looks after something such as animals), enclosure (closed area for animals), wild (in the nature, not with people).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Does the video make you feel good or does it make you feel sorry for the panda?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.