Paris Attack – level 1
A man attacks people in Paris, France. The man is 18 years old. He comes from Pakistan. He attacks four people with a meat cleaver. Two people have serious injuries.
Police arrest six other people. Police also find a strange bag. They close the area. Police and cars must not go in the area.
The attack happens near the former offices of Charlie Hebdo. Charlie Hebdo is a magazine. It is full of cartoons and funny articles about politics. However, not all people like the jokes.
In 2015, Islamic terrorists kill 12 journalists from Charlie Hebdo. Now, a trial is happening with people who help the terrorists. Many people and media are interested in the trial.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.