Parkour is Official in the UK – level 1
Parkour is a new sport. People also call it freerunning. Sebastian Foucan is the founder of the sport. You can see him in “Casino Royale”. It is a James Bond film.
Parkour is running, jumping and climbing. It can look dangerous, but Foucan says that it is like other sports. He says that it is like rugby, wrestling or surfing. If you do not do it right, you can get hurt.
The UK makes parkour an official sport. It is the first country to do this. People can teach official sports in schools.
Difficult words: founder (a person who starts something), climb (go upwards), get hurt (if you get hurt, something bad happens to your body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.