People and dogs race in Spain – level 2
In Madrid, Spain, 700 dogs and their owners attended a race to demonstrate for more dog owner rights and to get help for abandoned dogs.
The dog owners would like Madrid to be a nicer place to have dogs by allowing the pets to go on the subway. One man said that dogs are already allowed on the subway in Barcelona and that they should be also allowed in Madrid.
People wanted to get help for abandoned dogs, dogs with disabilities and rescue dogs. To support the race, one woman brought her dog that recently had an operation.
Difficult words: attend (to go to an event), abandoned (left behind), disability (when someone has a problem with his or her body or mind and needs help).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think people should bring their dogs on the Metro in Spain?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos