People and Healthcare – level 1
People do not get good health care in many parts of the world. Very poor people do not get any health care. This is bad when they need it.
The Pope talks about this fact during his talk on the World Day of the Sick. He says that world leaders must make sure that all people get health care. The Pope thinks that money is the reason why world leaders ignore this problem. They must care about people’s health more.
The Pope also speaks about doctors who work in areas with war. Their jobs are very hard. Their jobs are dangerous because sometimes soldiers attack them. The Pope believes that this does not help end wars.
Difficult words: the Pope (the leader of the religion called the Roman Catholics; the Pope has a job in the Vatican), reason (why something happens), ignore (to not care about a problem).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos