People Are Killed in Japan – level 1
This news is from Japan. A man works at a facility. This facility helps disabled people.
The man stops working at the facility. He sends a letter to politicians. He says that he wants to kill many disabled people.
People send him to hospital. He is in hospital for two weeks.
The man comes back to the facility. He has a knife. He kills 19 people. He injures 25 more people.
Difficult words: facility (a building that gives some kind of service), disabled (a disabled person has problems with their mind or body), politician (a person that is a leader and who talks and makes rules), injure (do something bad to somebody’s body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.