People die after eating mushrooms – level 1
In Australia, three people die. They eat wild mushrooms at a family lunch.
Police are finding out more details. They suspect Erin Patterson. She cooks the meal. But she does not get sick. She eats the same food as the other people. She buys the mushrooms in an Asian shop and a supermarket.
Erin feels sad. She feels that the mushrooms kill people from her family. The police do not know the kind of mushrooms which she uses. They believe it can be the most poisonous mushroom called the death cap.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What kind of toxicology tests did the police carry out to determine whether the mushrooms were poisonous or not?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.