People drink bleach – level 2
In 2020, former US president Donald Trump said that disinfectant may help treat COVID-19.
MMS is an industrial bleach which went on sale in the 1990s. It kills bacteria and germs, and it will kill parts of a person who drinks it. Although experts warn that MMS cannot be drunk, thousands of people inhaled or drank it. They believed that it can cure many situations, from Autism, to COVID-19, or arthritis.
In 2020, officials arrested some sellers of MMS, but people can still buy it on many sites, such as Amazon and eBay.
Difficult words: disinfectant (a chemical which destroys bacteria), bleach (a chemical which people use to make materials whiter, for example to clean sinks, swimming pools, and so on), inhale (to breathe in gas, smoke, or air).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some of the dangers of MMS?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.