People Get to Be Inside of Paintings – level 3
Art in Island, a museum in Manila in the Philippines, features over a hundred unique three-dimensional paintings that encourage people to pose in front of them.
Each artwork is created in such a way that when photographed from a specific angle, the artwork creates optical illusions to make a person appear as part of the picture. At most museums, you would be told to look and not to touch, but this concept tells people to do the exact opposite.
Each hallway has a different theme, with some including familiar classical pieces, such as the ‘Mona Lisa’ by Leonardo Da Vinci and ‘The Scream’ by Edward Munch, modified in order to allow people to add their own touch of creative genius.
The museum hopes to expand its collection in the future, which will include more types of perspective art. The museum is also planning a workshop for students to get experience in how to paint three-dimensional images.
Difficult words: optical illusion (when you make something look like something else),classical (an older, respected style), creative genius (when you have unique and amazing ideas), perspective art (the technique used to represent three-dimensional objects on a two-dimensional surface in a way that looks natural and realistic).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Would you visit this museum?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.