People Help Cold Sea Turtles – level 1
In North Carolina, USA, it gets cold. The sea even gets cold. This is a problem for turtles. They get cold-stunned.
People find the turtles. They help them. They take them to a rehabilitation facility.
When the turtles are better, people move them on a boat. They take them to warmer waters. People let the turtles go back to the sea.
Turtles cannot control their body temperatures. They are reptiles. Reptiles are animals like snakes. Snakes cannot control their body temperatures either.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Would you like to help green sea turtles?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.