People look like the sea – level 3
A tidal wave of people… But no, they don’t have hypothermia, they’ve all chosen to strip down and be painted blue.
It’s part of a mass human art installation in Hull to celebrate the city’s connection to the sea. Live models gathered at dawn and were covered head to toe in four different shades of blue.
They were then posed and photographed at some of the city’s historic locations by New York-based artist Spencer Tunick.
The performance piece was commissioned by Ferens Art Gallery where the photographs will go on display next year when Hull will become the new UK City of Culture.
You could say they’re all feeling pretty blue.
Difficult words: hypothermia (when your body temperature is too low), gather (come together), feel pretty blue (feel sad).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.