People save a whale in Argentina – level 1
In Argentina, a whale has a big problem. It beaches on the coast. It is very big. It cannot move. It stays like this for more than 24 hours.
People try to help the whale. They wait for the tide to rise. They try to use a rope to move the whale. Then they try to use a hose to pull the whale. They pull it to deeper water.
The tide is not very high. But the whale can swim. It can swim away. It looks like it waves when it swims away.
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever saved an animal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.