People will fly – level 2
A man took off inside a big building in Washington DC. He wore a hydrogen and nitrogen-powered jetpack. This was a part of an event which explores science, technology, culture and the arts.
It’s not the first time jetpacks have taken off. A company in New Zealand developed jetpacks which are going to be commercially available. Governments allowed the company to carry out manned test flights. The company is one step closer to its goal. Over 10,000 people asked the company about the jetpacks as they are interested in buying them. Sadly, the jetpacks won’t be for everybody. They will cost around $150,000.
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Do you like these machines for flying?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.