Philippines Volcano – level 1
Taal is a volcano in the Philippines. It is very active. Ash and lava are coming out from it. People think that it explodes very soon. The Philippines lie in an area with many volcanoes and earthquakes. Taal last explodes in 1977.
Officials must take a lot of people from their homes. It is dangerous to stay there. People must wear face masks. They can have health problems if they breathe in the ash.
Officials cancel many flights. They close schools and some offices. They warn that the eruption is possible in hours or days.
Difficult words: ash (small pieces of rock that look like a cloud), lava (a hot liquid rock that comes from a volcano), warn (to inform about a possible danger or problem).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos