Picture on a wall – level 1
This news is from England. There is an artist there. His name is Banksy. He makes street art. Some people like his art. Some people do not like it.
Banksy paints a picture on the wall of a school. It is 14 feet long. It shows a child. The child runs after a burning tyre.
He also writes a letter. He says thank you to the students who named a part of the school after him. He says that they should paint on the wall, too. But the teachers say no. The teachers want to save the picture.
Difficult words: street art (art on streets and walls in a city), burning tyre (a tyre on fire).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you paint on walls?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.