Picture on a wall – level 2
Banksy, the British street artist, created a new piece of art on the side of a school in England. On the side of a classroom, he painted a child running with a stick and chasing a burning tyre. He also left a letter expressing thanks to the students for naming a house in the school after him and telling them that they should add to his art. He though that their teachers would allow this.
The teachers are not going to allow the students to paint on the wall, but they are going to preserve and protect the artwork.
Difficult words: stick (a little piece of wood), express (tell), preserve (save).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.