Pig on a Surfboard – level 1
A man from Hawaii has a pig. The man and the pig are at a pool. The pig slips and falls in the pool.
The pig is OK with water. It starts to swim. The man sees that his pig is special. After some time, the pig starts to surf! The man and the pig are on one surfboard.
The pig loves surfing. People like to watch the pig. They smile and laugh. The pig makes people happy.
Difficult words: pool (hole with water in it for swimming), slip (when your leg moves not normally and you fall), special (unusual), surf (stand on a board and ride on waves), surfboard (a long and thin piece of wood for surfing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the different reactions people experience when they witness the pig surfing?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.