Pirelli Calendar 2022 – level 2
Many people know that Bryan Adams is a singer, but he is a successful photographer, too.
Last week, he introduced the Italian company´s Pirelli 2022 calendar, and he shot the photographs. Unfortunately, Adams tested positive for COVID-19 when he arrived in Italy, so he unveiled the calendar virtually.
For the calendar, Adams took pictures of some music stars, for example, Iggy Pop, Cher, and Rita Ora. The calendar is Pirelli´s 48th edition, and since the first edition in 1964, 37 photographers worked on the calendars.
In the past, Pirelli´s calendars were usually full of models, but this started to change a few years ago, and nowadays, the photographs are more artistic. There is a limited number of calendars every year, and Pirelli usually gives them to its buyers as a gift.
Difficult words: unveil (to show or introduce something publicly for the first time), virtually (using the internet and not being somewhere personally), edition (the total number of copies of a book, newspaper or other material which someone publishes at one time).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.