Pizza-Making Record – level 2
Four hundred chefs in Buenos Aires, Argentina, teamed up to make pizzas together. They wanted to beat the world record for the most pizzas made in 12 hours.
They used 3 tonnes of flour, 2.7 tonnes of cheese and 88,000 olives. They also used 14 industrial-sized ovens which baked six pizzas a minute.
In the end, they beat the record by more than 1,000 pizzas – they made 11,287 pizzas!
Difficult words: chefs (a professional cook), flour (white material, which looks like sand, and is used for making pizza or bread), industrial-sized (very big – used in factories which make many pizzas).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos