Plane Crash in Cuba – level 3
A plane on an internal flight from Cuba’s capital Havana to Holguín (in the south of the island) crashed 20 kilometres off Havana.
Including 11 foreigners, 110 people died in the crash. The only survivors were three women, but people say that they are in critical condition with serious burns.
People do not yet know what caused the crash, but someone found one of the two black boxes from the plane in ‘good condition’.
Difficult words: black box (a machine which records what happens on a plane).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.