Plane crash in Russia – level 1
A fighter jet crashes outside Moscow. It is an SU-27 fighter jet. It is not carrying any weapons.
The pilot dies. He does not have time to leave. He flies the jet away from people.
People are investigating this. They think it is something technical. They will stop flying all fighter jets of this same type.
Difficult words: fighter jet (a fast plane for war), weapon (things like bombs or guns), investigate (try to understand what happened).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.