Plane crash in Tokyo – level 2
A small plane took off at an airport in Tokyo at 11 a.m. on Sunday. The plane crashed just 500 metres away from the airport.
It crashed into a house in a densely populated suburb of the city. The two men who were inside the plane died, and one woman who was inside the house died, too.
The crash injured at least two other people, and it set on fire at least three houses and two cars.
Difficult words: densely (a lot), suburb (a city area where people have houses).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this plane crash?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.