Plane crashed in France – level 1
This is some bad news. It is about a plane. The plane flies from Barcelona to Düsseldorf. One hundred and sixty people are on the plane. Sixteen of them are school children. There are two babies on the plane, too.
The planes crashes. It falls down in the French Alps. Nobody survives.
The crash is probably an accident. However, people are not sure. They are investigating the plane crash.
Difficult words: crash (to hit the ground), survive (to live), investigate (to get information and to try to understand something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
It seems that many planes have crashed recently, doesn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos