Plane crashes into a house – level 2
A small plane has crashed into a house in Colorado. Nobody was injured. No one was at home at the time of the crash. Only the pilot was on board the plane, and he walked away from the crash. People later took him to a local hospital.
The plane crashed into the front of the house through the roof. It caused extensive damage to the building. Firefighters came to the house, which is 12 miles north of Denver.
People investigate the cause of the crash. Witnesses said that the plane had problems staying in the air.
Difficult words: extensive (large), witness (person who sees a crime or an accident).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Can you fly a plane?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.