Plane Crashes on Beach – level 1
A small plane is landing on a beach in Portugal. The left wing of the plane is broken. The plane moves from side to side.
The beach is very busy. People see the plane. They move away. However, one man and a girl are killed. It is lucky that only two people die.
Two people are in the plane. They are OK. The police are talking to them.
Difficult words: land (to get back on the ground), wing (the one of the two flat parts on sides of an airplane), busy (with a lot of people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos