Plane drops fish – level 1
Some US lakes are without fish. Authorities put fish there. They start doing it many years ago. Horses take fish to the lakes in the past. Today, fish travel by plane. It is faster and cheaper.
Utah authorities release a video. Men put fish onto a plane. The plane flies above a lake. The plane drops the fish into the water. The plane can drop 35,000 fish at one time.
The fish are small. They are special types of fish for fishing. Experts say that most fish survive the fall.
It is important that these lakes already have no fish. If there are fish, the new fish can hurt them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.