Plane needs a parachute – level 1
This happens in Australia. A plane has a problem. The pilot uses the parachute. He activates it at 4,000 feet (1.2 kilometres).
People film the incident. The video shows the plane. It comes down slowly. It lands in a house’s garden. Four people are on the plane. They are fine.
People investigate this incident.
Difficult words: incident (event), land (get on the ground), investigate (try to understand).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
You can write here…
Have you ever seen a plane crash?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.