Plane over a canal – level 1
A pilot does something dangerous. He is 57 years old. He flies over a canal in Greece. He performs special tricks.
The canal is 6.4 kilometres long. It is around 21 metres wide. The plane’s wings are 8 metres long. There is not much space for the plane!
The pilot flies under a bridge at the end. He flies in a circle, too.
Difficult words: canal (long and narrow space in the ground for water and ships), perform (do), wing (long part of a plane that helps to keep the plane in the air).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like dangerous situations?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.