Plane over a canal – level 3
This daredevil pilot passed the Corinth Canal in Greece with flying colours, as he showed off his skills performing tricks across the sky.
Fifty-seven-year-old Peter Besenyei glided over the canal which is 6.4 kilometres long, performing dramatic manoeuvres and risky tricks.
After crossing the canal, here he continues his flight under the bridge of Corinthos and performed a grand finale of impressive loop-the-loops around the bridge.
The aerobatic expert’s plane had a wingspan of 8 metres, not much less than the 21.4 metres that the canal measures at its narrowest point.
Peter has previously worked as an aerobatics flying instructor and once completed an upside down flight under the Chain Bridge in Budapest.
Difficult words: daredevil (person who likes doing dangerous things), pass with flying colours (to do something successfully), glide (fly), loop-the-loop (flying in a circle).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.