Planes from 1920 – level 3
Aviators flew vintage planes over Nairobi, Africa during the Vintage Air Rally, an event that recognises biplanes from the 1920s and 1930s. People think that the oldest plane in the event is from 1928.
In a race supporting charity, the aviators are recreating the route that Imperial Airways flew during the time of British colonialization.
People expect to fly the biplanes 12,800 kilometres and expect to reach Cape Town in two weeks.
Difficult words: aviator (a pilot), vintage (old but of high quality), rally (a meeting of people), biplanes (a plane with two wings on top of one another).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.