Planet Nine – level 1
Scientists have some new information. They say that there is a ninth planet in our solar system. The planet is 10 times bigger than Earth. It is 20 times farther away from the sun than Earth.
We cannot see the planet, but we can watch how it moves. Experts are looking for the planet. They know that it is there. They must only find it.
Difficult words: solar system (our sun and the 9 planets around it), Earth (our planet), farther (a longer way).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about new planet?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos