Poland’s Law – level 1
Poland has a new law. The law is about abortion. Abortion means that doctors end a woman’s pregnancy. The new law makes abortion illegal.
Abortion will be legal only in special situations. The situations are a sexual attack and a sexual relationship between members of one family. It will also be legal when the mother’s life will be at risk.
Poland is a very religious country. Many people are happy with the new law. But some people do not agree with the new law.
Many women believe that they can decide about their life. Poland’s law is one of the strictest in Europe. It separates the country from the rest of Europe.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.