Polar Bear in a Village – level 1
This news is from the Russian Arctic. A polar bear comes to a village. The people trap her under a house. They need help. They call the military.
A helicopter flies to the village. It takes the bear to a town. The bear goes on a plane there. It flies to Moscow. It is going to the city zoo.
Polar bears are called white bears in Russia. They live in the Arctic. They are in danger. Their habitat is changing.
Difficult words: trap (when something or someone cannot escape a place), the military (the army), habitat (an animal’s natural home).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos