Polar bear in London – level 1
There is a new TV series in Britain. It is about polar bears. The TV series uses a fake polar bear.
This bear is 8 feet long (2.4 metres). There are two people inside it. They move the polar bear.
The polar bear walks in London. People don’t know that it is not real. They get really scared and they run away.
Difficult words: TV series (TV show), fake (not real).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this type of advertising?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.