Police car hits a car – level 2
A car was going the wrong way on a motorway in England. A 77-year-old man drove the car. He has dementia.
The car was a great danger and police had to do something to stop it. They decided to hit the car with their police car. The manoeuvre was a success and the car stopped. The driver of the car was uninjured. One police officer was injured a little.
Difficult words: dementia (illness of the brain and memory that tends to happen to older people), manoeuvre (skilful movement).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you agree with the move of the police?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos