Police officers save a dog – level 1
Now, it is very cold in northern Spain. There is a lot of snow. It is not very normal at the beginning of December. December 6 is Constitution Day in Spain. Many people visit their families. They have five days off.
Authorities say that it is better to go home. The weather will be worse on the weekend. Many cars will be on the roads.
A water reservoir in eastern Spain freezes. A dog gets stuck in the water. It cannot get out. The dog is in the water for several hours.
Then, two police officers help the dog. They take off their clothes. They get in the cold water. They break the ice. The dog is safe again. The two men are heroes.
Difficult words: day off (a day when a person does not work), reservoir (a large lake that people make to keep water), hero (someone who is not afraid, and he does something good for others).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos