Policeman falls on the ground – level 1
This news is from England. Somebody robs a company. Police come to it. One policeman sees a van.
He wants to open the door of the van, but the van starts to move. It goes fast, but he tries to hold it. He falls on the ground. His head hits the road.
The policeman is 34 years old. He goes to hospital. He is lucky that he is fine.
Difficult words: rob (to steal things from a place), company (business), van (long car for moving things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you read the news only in one level or do you read more levels?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos