Policeman is Like a Dog – level 1
This news is from England. Policemen want to stop a car. They are successful. There are four young people in the car. The car stops. The four young people try to run away. The policemen want to stop them. The young people are fast.
One policeman has an idea. He starts to bark like a dog. He is very realistic. People think that he is a real dog. One young man stops and he does not run away.
People make jokes about the policeman because he barks like a dog. This is not important to him. His tactic is good and it is important.
Difficult words: bark (make sounds like a dog), realistic (like real life).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been chased by a policeman?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos