Policeman saves a man – level 1
An American policeman is on patrol. He drives over a bridge. The policeman sees a man. The man stands on the edge of the bridge.
The policeman stops his car. The man wants to jump off of the bridge! The cop gets out of the car and catches the man. The man is pulled to safety.
We don’t know the man’s name. He is in hospital.
Difficult words: be on patrol (to watch an area), cop (policeman), pull (move).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How do you think the man who wanted to jump felt after he was saved?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos