Policewoman lifts a car – level 3
Meet the New York meter maid with super-strength!
“You gotta move the car!”
This hidden camera prank video made as an advert for a US e-commerce website has gone viral, thanks in no small part to the priceless reactions of shocked onlookers.
“I’m not moving. Take that ticket and shove it up your a**!”
“All right… I’m gonna give you some help, all right?”
“What the f***?!”
“Are you kidding me?!”
The video’s director says the cab was emptied at the front and loaded with thousands of pounds of steel at the rear, making it easy for actress Jenni Ruiza to lift.
“Have a good day!”
Widely shared on social media, the advert was viewed by more than a million people in just over a week.
“It’s so easy! Give it a lift! There you go! Alright!”
“That was easy, right?”
Difficult words: meter maid (a female officer who issues parking tickets), gotta informal (have got to), prank (a practical joke), e-commerce (the activity of buying and selling on the Internet), viral (very popular), priceless (amazing), shove (push roughly), rear (back).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos