Powdered beer – level 2
A German company came up with a completely new product, powdered beer.
The idea was to reduce the heavy carbon footprint of exporting beer. The company calculated that using powdered beer would save about 3 to 5% of CO2 emissions for Germany every year.
The powder can make lager, pilsner, or dark beer. You simply mix the powder with water and drink it as normal beer. The first beer tastings were successful, and now, the company is looking for a partner to start the production. The company believes that the product can be on the market by the end of 2023. The idea is to sell the powder to breweries, they will mix it with water and fill the bottles. In the future, the company may sell powdered beer directly to people.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges does the company face in order to have the product on the market by the end of 2023?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.