President’s Dog Pees in Palace – level 1
French President Macron has a dog. His name is Nemo. Nemo can come into meetings in the palace. This is not always a good idea!
One day, the president has a meeting. The dog pees on an old fireplace during the meeting! The president and staff laugh a lot.
One man asks if this happens often. The president says ‘no’. He jokes that the people make his dog act unusually.
Maybe President Macron knows where the government leaks are coming from now!
Difficult words: staff (people who work somewhere), unusual (not normally), government (the bosses of a country), leak (this is a joke—a leak can be when someone tells secrets, and a ‘leak’ is a saying that means ‘peeing’).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.