Prince Harry gets a kiss – level 1
Prince Harry is a soldier. He is in an exchange program. He is in Australia for a month. Something interesting happens to him there.
He meets people at a harbour. He likes to visit the people. A young woman likes him. She asks to marry him. He says that he needs to think about it. She asks to kiss him. He says yes. She kisses him on the cheek. Then she kisses him on the mouth!
Many people see the special moment. They like the moment. The young woman is happy.
Difficult words: exchange program (when you go to a foreign country to do something there), harbour (a safe place for boats), marry (to start to live together).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the kiss?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.