Prince Harry in Africa – level 3
Prince Harry admits that his role as a member of the royal family was difficult for him when his mother Princess Diana died in 1997.
He wanted to bury his head in the sand, but now he is following in her footsteps and says that he is lucky to be in a position to make a difference.
He opened up in a documentary about how Africa changed his life forever when he went to Botswana in 1997 and he fell in love with Africa. To him, Africa is an escape and he can use his name and position for good over there.
In Lesotho, Prince Harry co-founded Sentebale, a charity that helps young people who are affected by HIV and AIDS. He explained that the young people need the medication to live, but furthermore, the organisation provides education and empowerment to help them make decisions, which are all things that they need for improved quality of life.
Difficult words: bury one’s head in the sand (ignore something), empowerment (support, assistance).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.