Prison break in Brazil – level 1
This happens in Brazil. It is about thirteen prisoners. They are in one cell. Their guard does not check it. They have time to dig a tunnel. They use the tunnel and they run away. They film the situation on a phone.
It is the guard’s fault. He gets in trouble for this. Police look for the prisoners. They find two of them.
Difficult words: cell (prisoner’s small room), guard (person who checks something), dig (to make space in the ground).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.