Problem with Skinny Jeans – level 1
A woman is moving house. She needs to move her things. She squats for hours. She wears skinny jeans. The jeans make her legs swell. She must go to hospital. Doctors help her. After four days, she is fine.
Skinny jeans are popular, but they are not healthy.
Difficult words: squat (to sit with your knees bent under you and your bottom just off the ground), swell (to get bigger because something is wrong).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you wear skinny jeans?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos