Problems with E-cigarettes – level 1
Health officials say that e-cigarettes can be a problem. More and more people are sick from them in the United States. The health officials say that they know about 450 sick people. These people use e-cigarettes. Five of these people die.
The officials do not know what chemical is in the e-cigarettes. They do not know what chemical is making people sick. Some people also smoke marijuana in the e-cigarettes.
The officials say that it is better to use only products from stores and not from the streets.
Difficult words: health (situation in your body), officials (people who are bosses), chemical (a thing which is inside of other things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos