Processed meat gives you cancer – level 1
The World Health Organisation has some news. It says that processed meat gives you cancer.
If you eat 50 grams of processed meat, there is an 18% chance that you will get cancer. Fifty grams is not much. It is less than two pieces of bacon.
The World Health Organisation says that red meat probably gives you cancer, too. The World Health Organisation says that people should think about what they eat.
Difficult words: health (the situation of the body; how fit you are), processed (made by people), cancer (a very bad disease/illness that can kill you).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you going to stop eating meat?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.