Protests Over Immigrants – level 2
Since 2015, an influx of 1 million immigrants have come into Germany, which has made some people uncomfortable.
In Chemitz, Germany, thousands of protesters came together because of an alleged killing of a German by immigrants. Many protesters wore black at the ‘mourning march’.
Police had to stop some of the protest when it became violent, and they tried to keep the protesters away from people who disagreed with them. About 2,000 people went to a different protest to support immigrants.
Difficult words: influx (a lot), alleged (some people say that it is true), mourning march (when people march to support someone who died).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos